International Tax Experts

Call Sasserath & Zoraian, LLP at 631-368-3110     google plus  linked in  facebook

Resident and Non-Resident Alien Tax Services

Sasserath & Zoraian, LLPAt Sasserath & Zoraian, LLP, a New York CPA firm we understand international tax requirements can be confusing. Our CPA professionals have guided and helped non-resident and resident aliens with a variety of international tax planning and tax preparation services. We understand the first step is determining your residency status. This is critical to understanding how you will be taxed and what treaty benefits you’re entitled to.

If you meet the substantial presence test, you will be considered a resident alien for tax purposes and have the same reporting requirements as a U.S. citizen and green card holder. This means you'll have to file a U.S. resident income tax return (Form 1040). Resident aliens, like U.S. citizens, are taxed on worldwide income, but foreign source income may be eligible for a foreign tax credit and you may also be able to claim foreign deductions. On the other hand, non-resident aliens are taxed only on U.S. source income.

Call 631-368-3110 today to speak  with us about your tax needs. We work with resident and non-resident aliens to ensure compliance with all U.S. taxes.  Sasserath & Zoraian, LLP can help you with all your international tax needs. We have an expert team that is dedicated to helping you with the following services.

Tax services for non-resident aliens and foreign nationals: